Requirements & Procedure for Nomination
Nominating a Deserving Candidate for a MetSoc Award
To contact the MetSoc office Tel.: (514) 939-2710, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that the awards process is confidential, and as such, we ask that no nominations be disclosed or discussed, except by those who are preparing the nomination.
Required documents and process
Each award has its own conditions. Please ensure that the candidate meets the criteria by viewing the award descriptions.
How do I nominate?
- Click the Nominate a Candidate button and begin your online nomination process.
- Create an account, indicate the name of your candidate and the Award name for which you wish to submit a nomination
- Submit the document or documents required and follow each step
Applicable for the following awards : Airey, MetSoc Research Excellence, Environment, Brimacombe, Innovation, Distinguished Scientist award (for student scholarships, please see award description for full paperwork required)
Nominator uploads either a concise CV of nominee or in the case of process, a recent paper, relevant to the process being nominated, to the web site. Nominator/co-nominators should consider approaching nominees themselves to request the CV. In the case of a process the recent paper is likely already available. The CV should contain the following information:
- Major contributions relevant to the award
- A record of at least five relevant patents and papers authored by the nominee plus a count of other patents and papers.
- A service history related to CIM/MetSoc if applicable
- A record of the years of membership in CIM.
- A listing of volunteer activities if applicable
- A listing of awards previously received
- A listing of academic achievements
If the CV does not contain all items, the nominator should fill in the online form the information in the Contributions text box.
Review Process by Committee
The Awards Chair, after ensuring that all conditions of the award have been satisfied and that the procedures were followed, in turn forwards the nomination and its supporting documentation to the MetSoc Awards Committee.
- The awards committee will review the submissions and the CVs or papers and prepare a short-list of candidates for each Award.
- Hold a teleconference and, if required, prepare a list of questions to be sent back to the original nominators via the selected person from the secretariat. Ie. nominator must fill out further endorsements or letters attached.
- Before voting takes place the awards committee discusses the various short-listed nominees and reviews answers to any questions.
- The nominations are then put to a vote by ballot will of the committee. The ballot must include a “no award” option.