Materials for Fuel-efficient Automobiles
Click on links below to view the Materials for Fuel-efficient Automobiles Technical Program!
Chairman: D.S. Wilkinson
The automobile is undergoing greater changes than at any time in its history. Materials developments are
vital to the success of many of these emerging technologies that are expected to revolutionize the automobile,
both in terms of structural and power train systems. This symposium will address all aspects of these developments.
In particular, papers are invited on the following topics:
For more information, please contact:
- New materials for lightweight structures (both metals and polymers)
- Materials and systems for advanced power train systems, including batteries and fuel cells
- Advanced manufacturing processes for automotive components
- Influence of manufacturing processes on material properties
- Models for energy costs and life cycle analysis.
David S. Wilkinson
McMaster Centre for Automotive Materials
Department of Materials Science and Engineering
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada L8S 4L7
Fax: (905) 525-9140
Tel.: (905) 528-9295
Sponsored by: Iron & Steel Section of The Metallurgical Society of CIM