The Metallurgy and Materials Society has an annual general meeting every year in the summer. The meeting is to update the members on its activities and to present reports and nominations for approval by the membership. Your Board of Directors, working diligently to represent the membership, financial statements and has a nominee for the third and fourth Vice President position of the MetSoc Board of Directors.
We need you, the member, to take an active role and review the motions put forward for approval. All motions have been moved prior to this vote and seconded by members of the executive committee.
The Annual General Meeting is held in English.
Metallurgy and Materials Society of the CIM
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Monday, August 22, 2022, at 08:00-08:30 Eastern time
Meeting held in person at Hotel Bonaventure, Montreal, QC
(online option YouTube)
The meeting will be chaired by Mansoor Barati, Past President of MetSoc of CIM
- Welcome and call to order (M. Barati)
- Welcome by CIM CEO (A.Hamlyn)
- Minutes of the 2021 Annual General Meeting (D.Filippou)
- President’s Report (S. Corbin) – video presentation
- Treasurer’s Report (G.Richards)
- Presentation of former Editor in Chief of CMQ of Joe McDermid (M. Barati)
- Presentation of Past President Recognition to S. Corbin (M.Barati)
- Inauguration of Incoming President Janice Zinck (S. Corbin) -video presentation
- Adjournment (J. Zinck)
Secretary of the Metallurgy and Materials Society
Motion #1: That the minutes of the Annual Meeting for 2021 be approved as written.
Motion #2: That the financial statements for 2021 be approved as presented.
Moved by Greg Richards
On behalf of the Board of Directors, we appreciate your participation in this important vote. We believe participation and expressing your voice are essential in a non-profit organization. Please feel free to direct any questions you may have to email@example.com