Requirements & Process for Nomination
Nominating a Deserving Candidate for a MetSoc Award
Please note that the awards process is confidential, and as such, we ask that no nominations be disclosed or discussed, except by those who are preparing the nomination.
THE CALL FOR NOMINATIONS IS CLOSED- AWARD RECIPIENTS ANNOUNCEMENTS WILL TAKE PLACE IN MAY 2019
Required documents and process
To contact the MetSoc office Tel.: (514) 939-2710, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Each award has its own conditions. The Call for awards nominations is open to only a select number of awards. Please ensure that the candidate meets the criteria by viewing the award descriptions.
How do I nominate?
- Click the Nominate a Candidate button and begin your online nomination process.
- Create an account, indicate the name of your candidate and the Award name for which you wish to submit a nomination
- Submit the document or documents required and follow each step
Review Process by Committee
The Awards Chair, after ensuring that all conditions of the award have been satisfied and that the procedures were followed, in turn forwards the nomination and its supporting documentation to the MetSoc Awards Committee.
- The awards committee will review the submissions and the CVs or papers and prepare a short-list of candidates for each Award.
- Hold a teleconference and, if required, prepare a list of questions to be sent back to the original nominators via the selected person from the secretariat. Ie. nominator must fill out further endorsements or letters attached.
- Before voting takes place the awards committee discusses the various short-listed nominees and reviews answers to any questions.
- The nominations are then put to a vote by ballot will of the committee. The ballot must include a “no award” option.