Conferences & Events
MetSoc conferences hosted annually:
The Annual Conference of metallurgists (COM)
- The Conference of Metallurgists #AnnualCOM is an annual event organized by MetSoc of CIM which rotates throughout Canada. The conference of metallurgists also organizes Short Courses prior to the event and Plant Tours immediately following the annual conference.
The Hydrometallurgy Conference (HYDRO)
- MetSoc organizes a Hydrometallurgy Conference annually.
The Canadian Materials Science Conference (CMSC)
- The conference maintains a significant student component. The conference is organized by the University in conjunction with the MetSoc.
MetSoc exhibits at numerous international events, as well. (See below)
Canadian Materials Science Conference (CMSC)
*RESCHEDULED to June 2-4, 2021 | Kingston, ON, Canada
60th Annual Conference of Metallurgists (COM 2021)
August 15-18, 2021 | HYBRID EVENT: Online and at Halifax, NS, Canada
- Uranium 2020 (U2020) October 14-15 2020 | Digital Conference (Hosted by COM 2020)
- 59th Annual Conference of Metallurgists (COM 2020) October 14-15 2020 | Digital Conference (Hosting U2020)
- COM 2019 Hosting Copper 2019 August 18-21, 2019 | Vancouver, BC, Canada
- ICAA16-International Conference on Aluminum Alloys June 17-21, 2018 | Montreal, QC, Canada
- Extraction 2018 August 26-29, 2018 | Ottawa, ON, Canada
- COM 2018 hosted by MS&T18 October 14-18, 2018 | Columbus, Ohio, USA
Events Endorsed or co-sponsored by MetSoc:
Gold 2022: July 17-20, 2022 in Québec City, Canada
Applications of Gold in High Technology
11th European Metallurgical Conference: June 27-30, 2021 in Salzburg, Austria
GDMB Society of Metallurgists and Miners