Conferences & Events
January 2022 Calendar of Events
MetSoc conferences hosted annually:
The Annual Conference of metallurgists (COM)
- The Conference of Metallurgists #AnnualCOM is an annual event organized by MetSoc of CIM which rotates throughout Canada. The conference of metallurgists also organizes Short Courses prior to the event and Plant Tours immediately following the annual conference.
The Hydrometallurgy Conference (HYDRO)
- MetSoc organizes a Hydrometallurgy Conference annually.
The Canadian Materials Science Conference (CMSC)
- The conference maintains a significant student component. The conference is organized by the University in conjunction with the MetSoc.
MetSoc exhibits at numerous international events, as well. (See below)
UBC Student Chapter Virtual Tech Talk: Recovery of Acid and Base from Salt Waste
January 26, 12:00 PM PST/ 3:00 PM EST | Online
Registration is FREE!
CrossTalk #2- DIGITAL TOOLS
January 26, 1:30 PM EST| Online
Registration is FREE!
The 33rd Canadian Materials Science Conference (CMSC 2022)
June 22-24 | University of Toronto, Toronto, ON
The call for abstracts is open until March 1st!
The call for award nominations is open until January 24.
The 61st Annual Conference of Metallurgists (COM 2022)
August 21-24 | Hotel Bonaventure, Montréal, QC
Past online webinars:
- MetSoc of CIM Orientation January 18, 2022
- CrossTalk #1- ALUMINUM CASTING September 22, 2021
- Value Chain Series – NICKEL May 19-20 2021
- 60th Annual Conference of Metallurgists (COM 2021) August 17-19, 2021 | Online
- Canadian Materials Science Conference (CMSC) June 2-4, 2021 | Online
- 59th Annual Conference of Metallurgists (COM 2020) October 14-15 2020 | Digital Conference (Hosting U2020)
- Uranium 2020 (U2020) October 14-15 2020 | Digital Conference (Hosted by COM 2020)
- COM 2019 Hosting Copper 2019 August 18-21, 2019 | Vancouver, BC, Canada
- ICAA16-International Conference on Aluminum Alloys June 17-21, 2018 | Montreal, QC, Canada
- Extraction 2018 August 26-29, 2018 | Ottawa, ON, Canada
- COM 2018 hosted by MS&T18 October 14-18, 2018 | Columbus, Ohio, USA
Events Endorsed or co-sponsored by MetSoc:
Gold 2022: July 17-20, 2022 in Québec City, Canada
Applications of Gold in High Technology
11th European Metallurgical Conference: June 27-30, 2021 in Salzburg, Austria
GDMB Society of Metallurgists and Miners