Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Standing committee (EDI)
METSOC EDI STANDING COMMITTEE
MetSoc recognizes the importance of acting on equity, diversity and inclusion. These values are integral to the respectful treatment of people from all parts of our community. MetSoc appreciates the broad scope of this effort and the long-term implications for the health, vitality and sustainability of the Society and its membership. It therefore understands the need to actively lead and act on these values through conscious engagement.
Equity ensures that individual differences are not barriers to equal participation and treatment.
Diversity is the rich composition of individual differences spanning dimensions of self-definition, organizational and social position, and world view.
Inclusion is the condition in which all individuals feel valued and connected.
MetSoc, with the guidance of the EDI Committee, will:
- Monitor the extent of diversity in the membership and working bodies
- Act to increase diversity within the organization through implementation of appropriate programs, including inclusion initiatives
- Periodically review the routine activities, processes and documents of the organization to ensure that they are equitable
- Regularly assess the level of inclusion experienced by members, and develop action plans to address areas of concern
- Consider questions of equity, diversity and inclusion in the development of all new policies and procedures
- Include equity, diversity and inclusion planning as part of the organization of all events including the Conference of Metallurgists
If there is a subject that you wish the EDI committee to consider, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
EDI Committee Members
Pictured from left to right, top to bottom:
|Curtis Dewasha||Queen’s University, Student|
|Mohammadali (Mo) Shahsavari||BQE Water|
|Audrey Pothier||Rio Tinto|
|Rebecca Achina-Oben||University of Alberta, Student|
|Julie Levesque||Quebec Metallurgy Centre|
|Sidney Omelon||McGill University|
|Brigitte Farah||MetSoc of CIM|
|Erin Furnell (not pictured)||University of Toronto, Student|
ABOUT EDDI CONSULTANTS
Jean-Philippe Beauregard, Lead Consultant, EDDI
An innovative company that provides consulting services to organizations on equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) challenges. We support organizations that wish to improve their practices to adapt to the changing context of society. So that you can access to all talents, EDDI helps you create inclusive work teams (senior management, department, HR, etc.), adapted to the growing diversification of the population, workforce and your customers.
The MetSoc Board and the EDI committee selected to work with independent experts in the field of EDI, to conduct the mandate proposed by MetSoc / CIM.
Produce EDI messages for MetSoc’s newsletter, support the Society in its goal to move towards a more inclusive organizational culture and practices & provide an online sensitization workshop/training to all EDI committee members.