CrossTalk- Atelier gratuit sur les Métaux Légers
Heavy conversations about light metals
La série CrossTalk présente des conférenciers invités pour discuter du domaine des métaux légers, y compris la carrière, l’industrie et son avenir. Cette série est présenté en anglais.
Date: Mercredi le 22 septembre 2021
Heure: 13h30 Heure de l’est, durée 90 minutes
Canada is the fourth-largest producer of aluminum worldwide and feeds industries from aerospace to automotive to renewable energy.
Is there a career there for you?
In this talk, you will hear from experts at different career stages in the North American aluminum casting industry about current challenges and new opportunities. Learn about the skills and experiences that will help you thrive in the industry.
Objectif : Vous informer sur le travail dans la fonderie d’aluminium
- Person: what it takes (education, skills, gaps)
- Sector: What career paths are available in the casting industry sectors (how large, what industries served, emerging sectors) Employment-related (what employers, jobs)
- Technologies: What categories of technologies are used in the casting industry (computer/automation/chemical/material)
Qui pourrait venir
- Anyone interested in aluminum casting or making a career in the aluminum industry
- Recent graduates
- People looking to change career paths
The panel discussion will involve invited speakers who will have an open conversation with attendees about the casting industry, competition, challenges, etc.
Status of the aluminum casting market:
- The aluminum market sector
- Aluminum production
- Market development/expansion
- # of jobs
- Hubs of aluminum production
Vous êtes invité à la discussion GRATUITE sur les métaux légers
Inscrivez-vous à l’avance pour cette réunion :
Après votre inscription, vous recevrez un e-mail de confirmation contenant les informations nécessaires pour rejoindre la réunion.
- Corey Vian-Stellantis
Corey is the Manufacturing Engineering Manager – Die Casting Tool and Process and Additive Manufacturing at Stellantis for the past three years and was previously Engineering Group Lead-Fiat Chrysler Automotive for three years. For the past eight years, Corey has been a committee member with the North American Die Casting Association, giving him a unique opportunity to help shape the future of the industry. As a member, Corey represents FCA US and works with other industry representatives in such areas as research, innovation, developing tooling materials, reducing costs, improving processes, equipment design, and other areas. Corey completed his B.S and M.S in Mechanical Engineering Technology from Purdue University and also obtained a Graduate Certificate in Business Essentials from Ball State University.
- Robert MacKay-Nemak Canada Corporation
Dr. Robert Mackay is a licensed professional engineer in the province of Ontario who has been working at Nemak for 20 years and currently holds the position of Principal Metallurgist. Robert has been a board member and officer in the Detroit-Windsor Chapter of the American Foundry Society for nearly 16 years, three of which as Chairman of the Chapter. Robert was also previously an Adjunct Professor at the University of Windsor for 8 years and has authored or co-authored nearly 70 peer-reviewed journals and conference proceedings, and one textbook. Robert has a Ph.D. in Materials Engineering from the University of Windsor, M.Eng. degree in Metallurgical Engineering from McGill University, M.Sc. degree in Geophysics from Memorial University and a B.Sc. degree in Physics from the University of Prince Edward Island.
- François Racine-AluQuébec
Francois is the Chief Executive Officer of AluQuébec, the Quebec Aluminum industrial cluster that brings together OEMs, producers, processors and R&D. Francois was previously at Alcoa innovation for 9 years under many different roles including most recently as president. Francois has an MBA from the Université de Sherbrooke and an bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering from Université de Montréal.
Cette session est organisée par les professionnels émergents la section métaux légers de MetSoc.
- Jessica Hiscocks, Kingston Process Metallurgy
- Abdallah Elsayed, University of Guelph
- Michael Benoit, The University of British Columbia
- Sumanth Shankar, président de la section des métaux légers
- Julie Lévesque, ancienne présidente des métaux légers
- Georges Houlachi, président des services aux membres