(description in English only)
AUGUST 26-29, 2018, OTTAWA, CANADA
Call for Abstracts is open!
Organized by the Metallurgical and Materials Society (MetSoc) of the Canadian Institute of Mining, Metallurgy and Petroleum (CIM); the Society for Mining, Metallurgy & Exploration (SME); and The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society (TMS).
Don’t miss Extraction 2018—a new opportunity to gather with your colleagues in the global extractive metallurgy community. This conference will serve as the host for several important recurring symposia in the field, while also offering new programming tracks, an exploration of marketplace and business issues, a slate of social and networking events, and an industrial exhibition.
Technical symposia for this conference include, but are not limited to:
- Hydrometallurgy 2018, organized by TMS, MetSoc, and SME
- Ritcey Symposium, organized by MetSoc
- Advances in Sulfide Smelting, organized by TMS
- Sulfide Flotation, organized by SME
- Critical Materials Production, organized by MetSoc
- Extractive Metallurgy Markets and Economies, organized by MetSoc, SME, and TMS
Lead Volunteer Organizers:
MetSoc: Boyd Davis, Kingston Process Metallurgy Inc., Canada
SME: Mike Moats, Missouri University of Science and Technology, USA
TMS: Shijie Wang, Rio Tinto Kennecott Utah Copper Corp., USA