The Call for nominations is closed for 2022
Click on the title of each award for information including its description, criteria, and nomination process.
Not all awards are open to general submissions, please consult the list below.
These awards are administered by the MetSoc head office.
- THE METSOC AIREY AWARD
- THE METSOC AWARD FOR RESEARCH EXCELLENCE
- THE METSOC SILVER MEDAL (not open to general nominations)
- THE METSOC BRIMACOMBE AWARD
- THE METSOC SUSTAINABILITY AWARD
- SPECIAL AWARDS
- THE METSOC INNOVATION AWARD (group recognition)
- METSOC STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS
- EMERGING PROFESSIONALS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
METSOC TECHNICAL SECTION AWARDS
These awards are administered by various sections of METSOC.
- METSOC DISTINGUISHED MATERIALS SCIENTIST AWARD
- METSOC ENGINEER IN MATERIALS INNOVATION AWARD
- SHERRITT HYDROMETALLURGY AWARD
- LIGHT METALS BEST PAPER AWARD (not open to general nominations)
- PYROMETALLURGY AWARD (not open to general nominations)
- METSOC BEST PAPER AWARD (not open to general nominations)
The 33rd Canadian Materials Science Conference call for award nominations is open! Visit the CMSC website to learn more about the awards.