The Metsoc awards and technical section award nominations are open from January of the award year and must be submitted no later than March 1st of that same award year.
Click on the title of each award for more information about its description, criteria and nomination process. Not all awards are open to the general submissions, please consult the list below.
These awards are administered by MetSoc head office.
- THE METSOC AIREY AWARD (accepting nominations)
- THE METSOC AWARD FOR RESEARCH EXCELLENCE (accepting nominations)
- THE METSOC SILVER MEDAL
- THE METSOC BRIMACOMBE AWARD (accepting nominations)
- THE METSOC ENVIRONMENTAL AWARD (accepting nominations)
- SPECIAL AWARDS
- THE METSOC INNOVATION AWARD (group recognition) (accepting nominations)
- METSOC STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS (accepting nominations)
METSOC TECHNICAL SECTION AWARDS
These awards are administered by various sections of METSOC.
- METSOC DISTINGUISHED MATERIALS SCIENTIST AWARD (accepting nominations)
- SHERRITT HYDROMETALLURGY AWARD
- LIGHT METALS BEST PAPER AWARD
- PYROMETALLURGY AWARD
- METSOC BEST PAPER AWARD
To contact the MetSoc office:
Tel.: (514) 939-2710