MetSoc Engineer in Materials Innovation
The award recognizes highly significant contributions to technological advancements and innovation in industrial applications in the field of materials engineering.
Nominator uploads either a concise CV of nominee or in the case of a process, a recent paper, relevant to the process being nominated, to the website. Nominator/co-nominators should consider approaching nominees themselves to request the CV. In the case of a process, the recent paper is likely already available. The CV should contain the following information:
- Major contributions relevant to the award – contributions to materials-related technological advancements and innovation in industry (Contributions that have not been previously recognized through the MetSoc Distinguished Materials Science Award)
- A record of at least five relevant patents and papers authored by the nominee plus a count of other patents and papers.
- A service history related to CIM/MetSoc if applicable
- A record of the years of membership in CIM
- A listing of volunteer activities if applicable
- A listing of awards previously received
- Industrial experience/achievements: list of projects/outcomes that lead to significant materials related to technological advancements and innovation
- At least two references from industry
If the CV does not contain all items, the nominator should fill in the information in the Contributions text box in the online form (this will be available in the software system when the Call opens).
- A nominator can put forward only one candidate up for nomination in each award category.
- No Member of the Executive Board shall be nominated while in office. The nomination will be held until the term on the executive board is expired.
- Each award shall be made from time to time as circumstances warrant with no more than one award recipient per year.
- The nominators are responsible for verifying that all conditions of the award have been satisfied and all procedures were properly followed in making the nomination.
- All nominations will stand for three years.
- The adjudication of the award shall be made by the MetSoc Awards Committee of The Metallurgy and Materials Society of CIM.
- The award shall be presented at the Awards Banquet of the Conference of Metallurgists.
- Posthumous awards will be allowed only if the candidate has already been shortlisted.
- Self-nominations are not permitted.
Please refer to the METSOC AWARDS page for details on nomination dates and deadlines.